2. More Space and Less Clutter
When considering for a moment what we own, like clothes, gadgets, furniture, toys. All the belongings that we’ve accumulated over the years. Is it all necessary? Could we live with less? Green and eco friendly living is about keeping things simple. One of the benefits of living green.
By adopting green and eco friendly living principles and eliminating the clutter from our life, we have more time and room for the things that are important. Teaching our children to use or play with what they have, so thel grow up to value people over material things. Rather than spending money on our family, spend time with them.
Our consumer-driven lifestyles are often the reason for having things we hardly use. We work hard to afford things we don’t need or don’t have the time to enjoy. It also means that we’re stretching the planet’s precious resources and filling landfills with things that are no longer wanted or useful. Instead, rather introduce small incremental steps to recycle, reduce, reuse and repurpose – embracing these eco friendly living ideas create and inspire non wasteful lifestyles! Once we retain the wasteful lifestyles, each of us gains from the benefits of living green.
Yes, and again, rather embrace the idea of living green and eco friendly. Thereby creating quality of life moments and experiences. These are pointers, for students who require eco friendly lifestyle essay ideas for learning projects.
We also find it easier to navigate our day-to-day life when we’re not wading through the clutter. Besides its effortless to clean and maintain our homes. And as mentioned we have more time for other things.
How much paper, plastic, glass and tin land up in the rubbish bin over the course of a year? Is it surprising to learn that the average people generate lots of waste each day? In one year, billions of cubic metres of waste is generated across the world – no make that trillions of cubic meters of waste. Imagine the effect this has on the environment? And it places additional strain to manage the dumping grounds – and takes up space.
The good news is that there are alternatives. We just need to look differently at our options. Here are some ways to cut down on waste:
- Use cloth bags for grocery shopping. Buying plastic bags doesn’t help the environment, even when recycling them. And it costs us too. Rather make a habit of taking sturdy bags made from material and leaving them in the car. That way they’re always on hand when needed.
- Buy foods and snacks in bulk, and then pack individual portions into reusable containers. Individually wrapped items create more waste. Buying in bulk cuts down on the amount of packaging we throw away.
- Buy dish soap and laundry detergent in concentrated forms. We get the same amount of product once diluted, and throw away fewer containers. Be on the lookout for eco friendly living products while at it.
- Getting our bills, statements and other mail sent via email. It’s more convenient to file and store important documents on our computers. Apart from the convenience, importantly we cut down on paper wastage at the same time.
- Turn our food scraps and garden waste into compost. If we have a garden, set up a composting bin, and other alternatives, with little effort. Fertilise our plants for free and take the green and eco living concept further by growing our own vegetables.
There are many ways to start living green and eco friendly. All it takes is being mindful of how we use things and not take packaging for granted. It needs resources to produce and just ends up in landfills. Be sure to recycle paper, plastic, glass and metal instead of throwing those away. Separating our waste becomes a habit. When we see just how little we send to the landfill, we realise the eco friendly living benefits and ease of recycling. Part of the habit is knowing where we take the recycling items conveniently. More and more convenient collection points are popping up. Be on the lookout for service providers who collect recycle material at our homes.
An eco friendly lifestyle home is one that runs efficiently. We’re living green and gaining from the benefits of living green when we take into account all the ways we use resources in our homes. Small actions such as switching off the light when leaving a room, and using both sides of writing paper, all contribute to saving resources and costs. Easy steps of green and eco friendly ways of living.